New to Wamas, not to reefing

Hey guys! Im Conner, I just recently found out that this site exists, so I decided to join today. I had reefs for probably about 5-ish years, and then I took a break, and then several months back I decided to get back into it. Ive been in DC for about 3.5years or so, and currently, have a 90g mixed (mostly sps planned) reef that started back in late sept/early oct. Ive been to several of the stores around here, and just recently discovered a bunch more thanks to the LFS Map tab above. I plan on making some rounds over the next few weeks to the rest, and making a hike out to PEA to grab some clams! 

Heres some photos, still haven't managed to not have every photo be extremely blue. 

IMG_0221.thumb.jpg.74a98b34dfe96ff4f0968ea7a812a9a7.jpg

1128370825_leptoandzoafrag2small.thumb.JPG.39f83defc824204799c32a7ea10c3ccd.JPG

golden torch small.JPG

Welcome, Conner! Glad to have you here. PolypLab makes a nice clip-on filter suitable for removing blues in our cell phone pictures. They call it "CoralView", I believe.It consists of a clip on adapter and three filters that remove varying levels of blue and yellows depending upon the color temperature of your lighting. Cost is $30-$40, typically.

Yea welcome man, glad to hear you planning on stocking sps.  If you end up going to pacific east aquaculture let me know ahead of time and maybe we can go together.  I have been wanting to go but haven't been yet.

• 4 weeks later...