Is Snowflake eel compable with a Long Nose Hawk fish?

sigel7

My WAG: yes.   Hawkfish is quite small and would be an easy meal.

Also, note that the moray comes from rocky areas of shallow waters (intertidal zones, reef rocks, patch reefs, etc.), while the hawkfish lives on gorgonians and black corals in the deeper portions of your typical reef slope (10-100m darker, more constant flow, etc.). They would not be found together naturally in the wild, I think.  

Snowflakes dont prey on fish and wont purposefully target a fish; with that said, they can get very excitable at feeding time and inadvertently grab a fish (and certainly eat it should they catch it). They will however eat any crustaceans that are in the tank. I had one in an aggressive tank for a couple years and it was one of my favorites; it latched on to a small huma trigger once but let go (too big for it to eat) and the trigger recovered without issue. 

I watched a snowflake eat a sebae clown in my first tank when I was a teenager. It was probably my fault, since I was a little late feeding. So the lesson was yes they’ll eat fish in your tank, especially if you’re lax on feeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk