Help with identifying white spots

Almoe

Small tubeworms / snails. You've got much larger ones on the rock behind (vermetid snails). These can become a pest and an irritant to corals. 

BTW, those worms on the glass are most likely Spirorbid  worms. Not a big deal, but you probably want to scrape your glass. 

I'm not sure if those are vermetids or tubeworms on the rock behind it.  It kind of looks like fans coming out rather than mucous like the vermetids put out.  

I agree on the spirorbid worms.  I had a bloom of them at some point and then they went away.  

1 hour ago, AlanM said:

I'm not sure if those are vermetids or tubeworms on the rock behind it.  It kind of looks like fans coming out rather than mucous like the vermetids put out.  

That could be. I'd not noticed the two fan-like structures in two of the tubes. Almoe, research vermetid snails and fanworms and compare it to what you see. For vermetids, you'll normally see what looks like an eye sort of flush with the tube's end. If you touch the tube, this will retract. When feeding the tank, vermitids release a thread (or threads) of mucus that trap particles. The mucus is an irritant to neighboring corals. That characteristic combined with their ability to proliferate makes them a pest for most reefers. However, if these are fan worms, then they're of far less concern.

Agree... spirobids on the glass and featherdusters in the tubes. I don't see vermetids.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...