Coral Open House

KingOfAll_Tyrants

https://wamas.org/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=15369

Event is on December 2. Did you look at the December calendar? When you say it's blank, do you mean you get a completely blank page without a calendar? What browser are you using?

Is anybody else unable to see the calendar?

Just read up before jumping on the Galaxea (as you shoud do before introducing any livestock to your tanks) so you can understand it's needs and compatibility. It is an aggressive coral with long sweepers, so placement is very important. 

From the name of the lab (Marine Microcosm Lab), I assumed that it's part of a study program. Our original communication on this project came from Dr. C. Seabird McKeon, a visiting Assistant Professor of Biology at St. Mary's College of MD. His dissertation (2010) was titled, "Diversity in a tropical marine mutualism," is an expert on global biodiversity, and has a podcast at this link.  He teaches Coastal Ecology at St. Mary's. Poring over SMCM's website, I noticed that they hosted a visiting researcher who worked alongside another of the Biology Department's staff modeling the marine ecosystems of Southern Iran (Persian Gulf & Gulf of Oman). According to Corals of the World, the range of Galaxea fascicularis includes the the Gulf of Oman. I just mention this as a possible linkage and demonstrated interest going back at least a year that may play into why this lab is operating and why it's propagating Galaxea.

For those that don't want to download the PDF above, here's a snapshot. Please note the requested RSVP. 

small.2141386328_SMCMMMMLab.png.bcbe15bb

Nice thanks! Yeah those corals are definitely some stingers, worse than hydnophora but doesn't kill as fast. I am wondering why they are accepting trades for other hard coral? Maybe for other experiments or maybe just to encourage people to come?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk