Stung SPS

YHSublime

I have a nice Milli that got bumped by a snail while I was away. It bumped it into another acro, which stung it.

The rest of the milli is fine, aside from this burn, but polyp extention is completely gone. The 3 millies right by it are fine. I thought it would grow over the burn, but that portion is dead, and now algae is starting to form there. 

I was going to cover the burnt portion with super glue and put it back in, any other advice? Yay or nay?

Yea energy sources seem to increase in the burnt area and encrusts back over quick. Seems to encrust back over slower over super glue. The only thing I will do is trim off excess dead stone (only if there is a lot) so there is less surface area to encrust back over 

1 hour ago, bues0022 said:

I usually just leave it. Eventually if everything else is good the coral seems to outcompete the algae and grow back over - but I’m no expert. 

45 minutes ago, gmerek2 said:

Yea energy sources seem to increase in the burnt area and encrusts back over quick. Seems to encrust back over slower over super glue. The only thing I will do is trim off excess dead stone (only if there is a lot) so there is less surface area to encrust back over 

Whoops! I had my hands in the tank anyways and super glued over. It was looking like hair algae, and it is right about the middle of the frag. I also moved it to keep it from getting knocked into something else again. I'm running out of room now things are growing! 

They usually grow algea quick initially but it's usually gone after a couple days. I've had much better luck with acroporas growing over 2-part epoxy much faster than over superglue. 

Well, I’ve put a big ol dabbed super glue over it. Looks like polyps are nearly ready to come out again. Stupid warfare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk