Movin On Up...Again...Waterbox 135.4....

The excuse to the significant other was "consolidation"..."yeah babe...we have to consolidate the 30 gallon and the 50 gallon into one!"...."those poor creatures need the room to swim"..."do it for the kids"... You guys know how it is;)  Anyways I found a great deal on R2R on this brand spankin new Waterbox 135.4 and once i saw it in person...It had to be mine.  My primary goals for this tank are to finally dabble into the SPS realm along with continuing my destructive Torch coral passion along with just about every other Euphyllia family member.  Will probably keep an decent sized anemone and maybe a carpet as well...depends on my fish selection of course but I have been very lucky with my carpets so far so will keep the fingers crossed.  When it comes to fish,  Would love to keep a few angels and wrasses...hopefully keep the peace and harmony.  I'd like to keep most of my gear Ecotech related due to just trying to stream line any adjustments on the same platform.   As always any suggestions or critiques are perfectly welcome.  This forum has been soooo good to me so I'm keepin my trust with ya'll!!  Thanks Everyone!

NwFPAzzl.jpg

3Xz6M2yl.jpg

MAhDxJXl.jpg

Edited by skillz_dat_killz

Wait, you're in Arlington and I've not met you yet? You found somebody else in or around Arlington on R2R? Beautiful tank. I'm jealous. Can you break up the rockwork at all, so like, two separate islands divided up maybe about 1/3 down either side? 

Wait, you're in Arlington and I've not met you yet? You found somebody else in or around Arlington on R2R? Beautiful tank. I'm jealous. Can you break up the rockwork at all, so like, two separate islands divided up maybe about 1/3 down either side? 
Hey how's it going!? Yes, so the right side has two good sized plates, one stacked on the other... Left side has that big round sloping slab... And random rock just as kick stands. Haha. Def can be moved around. Found the tank in Philly!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

The project is somewhat slow moving but moving along all the same.  The Cycle has officially started and couldn't be more excited.  Decided to go with dry sand and dry rock to try and keep all pests and nuisance at bay.  Never done it before so am very interested on how it goes.  Decided to go with the Vectra S1 as my return pump and I'm already super happy with it...but then again...it's only been a couple days.  Will throw in a couple MP 40's and figure out what to put on the back wall to get some constant forward movement...maybe a Tunze??  have also decided to change up my Lighting scheme and dabble in the T5 world since i would really like to work on my SPS "green Thumb".  So I'll probably go with a dimmable ATI with some LED strips.  Per usual anybody up for throwin' in their 2 cents is very much welcome.  Loved splittin' up the scape by the way YHSublime!  

vsUCdcFl.jpg

May just be me but I feel like the left "island" is screaming to have another rock under the right side, it'd make a sweet tunnel for the fish to swim through and would put SPS on top of the shelf closer to the light!

-A-a-ron

• 3 weeks later...

Love this tank, looking forward to watching it fill up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Rome wasn't built in a day....it was built on a snow day!!!! the final powerhead has been put in place and together they are kickin' up a ton of crappola.  The current coral placement is not permanent but placed to make sure they make it (fingers crossed).   So far everthing has been flourishing...where have T5's been all my life??  I also fitted the Orphek Sky Blue LED's on both sides of the ATI and couldn't be happier.  Hopefully in a couple months SPS will be a willing participant in my aqua paradise!  Excited about a few fish on their way and will update ASAP when they take the plunge!  

lM6q0jVh.jpg

JTr6UXSh.jpg

Pc8Bxqch.jpg

Looking good man! T5/led combo is the win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick "family" preview pic! 032198e9892e017798d671827a84d736.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Drool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

So it's been a bit since i've updated this bad boy!  I've had some really good ups and really ANNOYING downs!  Ever since moving to a bigger tank that bloomed with coraline algae (not a bd thing of course) my hand at water chemistry has taken a massive advancement!  I had somethings that were flourishing and others that were taking a massive hit.  Alkalinity and all the other elements that go hand and hand with it took a massive plunge.  So after finally getting into the dosing game my SPS has finally taken flight!  I am actually pretty excited about it...pretty cool...but on the other hand i've become an expert at melting Acan's.  apparently my water may be a little TOO clean which i've never had a problem with but i took such precautions early on and did it so well that some of these corals that need a little dirtier water don't survive for very long.  I will probably try to tone back the "cleaning" aspect and cutback on skimmer usage and maybe something else...i don't know what but i'll give it a try.  FEEL FREE TO SHOOT MY ANY IDEAS!! On the fish side...pretty good.  I had a Potters Angel that almost bleached out due to early stress with a Coral Beauty but purchased some pellets that brought back it's color ASAP!! After a couple Kamikazee Flame Angels took their final dive only one has remained but thank goodness it had already begun the process of it's transition.  As usual thanks to everyone on this board for all the info and help provided over the years!!!

N3QeNleh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see the picture.

The more I look at Waterbox tanks, the more I like them. What do you think about the quality? whats your opinion so far reg WaterBox?

• 4 weeks later...

Man o man.  What a gorgeous tank!  I eventually want to upgrade my tank, and this is now a really big contender!  Gorgeous tank!  Beautiful fish!  I love your clean rock work!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everybody!! Thanks!!! sorry for no responses in a while....we just received our new creature to our family this past weekend so the last few months of buildup have been pretty fun.  The Waterbox has been AWESOME!! i've had Nuvo's, Red Sea Reefers, Acrylic Tanks and none of them were bad or anything but these waterbox's are L-E-G-I-T.  Yes, of course there are some things that could be improved but that could probably be said about just about any product out there.  In the lead up the our birth I took it upon myself to gift myself my own "Push present" and picked up a few gifts for myself!....i mean for the baby:rollface:.  I added a couple of blue star leopards, a McCosker's wrasse, an Orange Back Wrasse, and my flame wrasse i feel has finished it's transition to full male, so it looks like a new fish!

HvIDPZKh.jpg

P2JVYRhh.jpg

TT4tZ3lh.jpg

yFdfE3lh.jpg

Congrats!! It's crazy!! Sooooo it must be in the "air" of my house because i've had quite a development last night.....

iTBFVGLh.jpg

k9j375Ah.jpg

m0jOHu5h.jpg

my clowns are expecting!!! I have NO idea what to do!! can someone please shoot me a good link or any sort of advice as to what to do?   THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!