Rock Flower Anem Help

finaddict

I bought a stunning RFA but it doesn't want to stay out an look good. It is trying to shove itself into the smallest crack it can find on the rock I placed it on.  Is it normal for them to try and hide for a little while?  I am hoping he ends up sitting out and showing off.  Here is a pic of the one I bought!

rfa.JPG

Mine kept moving, and then eventually melted. I did find a nice one like yours that took months to get comfortable. My BTAs all do great. No advice, other than let it do what it will do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just make sure I put them somewhere with good lighting and they seem to just stick to that spot. Once they are there, I have never had good luck removing them. My oldest is only about 7 months or so and it never moved. But I do feed it twice a week.

how much light do you have over it?  They don't need a lot of light.  They also like to be feed.  I have a rock full of them and they are doing well in a shallow frag tank with T5 lighting only on a couple hours a day.  Also look at how much flow you have directed on them.  They are easy to move if you can get underneath them. 

I think is might be too much light or flow. Mine are sitting at about 100 par or less and not in any direct flow. They have stayed put for the most for the last year. 

rfa.gif

Yea these are not high light creatures in my experience as well.. I have 3 and they are low in the tank and I run my lights low anyway...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mine was placed on on a small rock on the sand bed.  I have a 75 gallon tank with AI Prime above each side of the tank so I dont think I have too much light going to it.  It decided to crawl under the small rock I had and is half buried under the sand. I think I am going to move it to my large rock work and see if it will attached and  be happy there.