Positive Buying Experience with Member gws3

lynn.reef.nerd

Please move if this is not allowed here. I won rock flower anemones from a WAMAS member gws3 at the fall meeting. It was extremely generous of him to offer them up for raffle and I was (am) extremely happy with them.

He has some of the most beautiful anemone and they are very healthy. It has been less than a month and they are all doing very well...even doubled in size. Just want to say thank you again and would definitely recommend his rock anemone. bc5ac03afbf02be45d4d0f3de3477d7d.jpg7bbf0cabcb518eaf256a618b2e5ddc52.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Origami changed the title to Positive Buying Experience with Member gws3

Moved to General Discussion since Graham is technically not a vendor, but a fellow WAMAS member.

I'm glad that the RFA is doing so well!

Did he grow these nems? Don't know much about them, I always thought they werent easy to reproduce and or you can't cut them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I think he bought them and passed the savings onto WAMAS. I’ve been growing RFA for the past year, but not had as much success as with RBTAS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are beautiful!  I love them but never had much success, bought 10 for my Nuvo 10 and all I can see is 4-5 , the rest are under the sand or gone for some reason.  

• 2 months later...

Sorry I missed this earlier. The RFAs came directly from a collector in Florida. I wanted a bunch for my tank, and decided to order a bunch extra to pass on the savings to WAMAS members.

There are some pretty interesting articles on RFA reproduction. They do not split off, only reproduce sexually. The females develop them in their stomach and then spit out the babies. And it only happens during the summer and winter solstice supposedly. During the winter solstice I paid close attention to my RFA rock and fed them for two weeks prior to encourage spawning, unfortunately I did not observe any. They may need to be a more mature size. The babies don't necessarily have the coloring of their parents either, it can be seemingly random. Really fascinating creatures.

I did learn that peppermint shrimp eat them. I lost almost all the ones I did not sell or place into my display tank. I later realized it was most likely the peppermint shrimp in that tank were eating them.

Fortunately the ones in my display have all been doing awesome. They barely move at all and have grown well.