Orphek light

sigel7

I believe brs is running a 25% off sale on them right now. That is the full extent of my knowledge of these lights...... haha

Edited by finaddict

BRS has a nice review on YouTube. I was considering getting them. Facebook also has an owners group that has a ton of pictures that is helpful to gauge colors.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I seen the review on BRS but don't have a Facebook account to see the reviews there. My only fear is the reviews where people say all they are is a fancier Chinese black box.

At their price point, they'd better be a lot better than just  "fancier" CBBs. 

My $150 Marsaqua unit has been fine for my noob tank. I only wish for dimming/timing controls. But I won't pay $600 extra just for that feature.  

The spectrum offered with the V4 is extremely close to that of a MH with true UV and far reds available; whether or not these are beneficial is up for debate but there is a lot more to work with than any other LED in that regard. The downside is that some of these emitters are placed pretty far apart so how much any specific spectrum spreads is going to be limited unless you place the array well above the tank. Once you do that, the intensity of the spectrum is compromised greatly so I'm sure you gain anything in the end.

Comments stating they're nothing more than a BB are ignorant at best so I'd skip right over those.