red sea wave master advice: marine vs. reef

astroboy

I bought four hydor koralia evolution 1500 powerbeads for my 90 gallon reef tank and while I've been pleased with the improvement, over 4 maxi jet 1200s, some of my LPS are not as open as they used to be. I had to move the contents of the tank recently when my old 90 sprung a leak, I had the corals and fish in a 75 where I fed everything very very sparingly for two months. As a result, a lot of the corals (elegance, hammer, frogspawn) lost a good deal of their mass. I realize it will take them a while to bounce back. However, I suspect the current is too much since the LPS in the corners have opened up a good deal more than the ones more exposed to flow. None of the powerbeads is aimed directly at the corals.....  I have a Red Sea Wavemaster randomizing the flow. Does anyone have any insights in the difference between reef vs. fish only settings, and/or the gentle/rolling/turbulent settings? I've read the blurb the manufacturer puts out a few times but it's a bit vague. 

The hydor powerbeads are rated at 1500 gph, assuming they're off half the time for a 90 gallon tank that's 30X turnover per hour, ignoring the return pump from the sump which I estimate at 300 gph. Is that too much for LPS? 

I realize this is sort of a unanswerable question, in the end, all that matter is how the corals look, but as I said, I'm not sure of the difference between marine and reef modes and I was wondering if anyone has any insights.

Thanks,

Mark