I am so bored with out my reef.

TonyB13

Well I have been on deployment back to ft Gordon ga for 5 months now and still have 6 months to go at least. I was so bored that I bought 2 10 gallon tanks and I'm keeping guppies, kinda kicking myself that I didn't just start a little nano reef while I am here. I'm thinking about doing a road trip next weekend which is veterans day to wwc in Orlando but seems like a waste since I can't buy anything. Big shout out to my buddy dpassar for keeping my tank running while I'm stuck here. I renewed my membership to wamas so I figured I would reach out to y'all and see how everyone is doing. 

Thanks Tony 

9 hours ago, ImGoingCoastal said:

Return guppies for credit at lfs. Convert to salt. Buy a clown. Bring whatever livestock you aquire back and sell/trade/or trade into lfs here for credit.

-A-a-ron

Believe me, I have really thought about it, and I just might do that.

6 hours ago, Origami said:

Hang in there, Tony. You're almost halfway there. See you soon.

Thanks Tom, time moves slower the farther South you go,lol.

5 hours ago, dpassar12 said:

Your corals are going like crazy though. going to have to trim some SPS and make frags for you.....

Cool go for it I'm sure the bird nest needs trimming. Thanks for all your help

Tony check out my build. It is not hard to put together a 10 gal. nano tank quick. You may even be able to get away with the stock lighting. Hang in there buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Reefoholic said:

Tony check out my build. It is not hard to put together a 10 gal. nano tank quick. You may even be able to get away with the stock lighting. Hang in there buddy!

Please send me a link I tried looking through all you post could not find it. Thank you 

I’ve got one smaller. Probably ~2 gallons. Not a reef yet but any mostly airtight vase with a heater, light, and bubbler does the trick. Then i have like one branch of cycled Tonga, a barnacle cluster off amazon for decor, a black Caribbean sailfin blenny, and some red macro. Unlike me tho, pick a simpler shaped vase. This one is ridiculously hard to clean.

The fluval 13.5 aquarium includes a light that will supposedly keep softies okay.

Might even have some black Friday sales.

Also could check Facebook or Craigslist for someone dumping their old tanks.

If you have a car and feel like a weekend trip, this looks like a pretty good quick startup tank.

https://greenville.craigslist.org/for/d/innovative-marine-nuvo-10/6739515208.html

-A-a-ron

22 hours ago, ImGoingCoastal said:

The fluval 13.5 aquarium includes a light that will supposedly keep softies okay.

Might even have some black Friday sales.

Also could check Facebook or Craigslist for someone dumping their old tanks.

If you have a car and feel like a weekend trip, this looks like a pretty good quick startup tank.

https://greenville.craigslist.org/for/d/innovative-marine-nuvo-10/6739515208.html

-A-a-ron

Thanks I just sent him an email let's see if it's still available. Looks like a kessil light that alone is worth $160 bucks

Please send me a link I tried looking through all you post could not find it. Thank you 

Hopefully this will work:

Reefoholic NEW 29 Gallon LED Setup
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=2873&share_tid=78986&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ewamas%2Eorg%2Fforums%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F78986-Reefoholic-NEW-29-Gallon-LED-Setup&share_type=t

• 2 weeks later...

I got to come home for Thanksgiving and on Saturday I was sitting in my fish room so relaxed and content. We really have a pretty cool hobby. I showed of pictures of my tank to my master chief here I think I might have infected him:) he keeps asking more questions. 

On 11/20/2018 at 8:23 PM, ABzReef said:

Its crazy, i went on a vaca 2 weeks ago for couple days, and boy oh boy, i missed my fish soo much

Yea this $hit is addictive, I have 4 months left if they don't do something stupid and extend my arms.