ATI bulb suggestions

sigel7

What is best 6 bulb combination for ati fixture for sps dominated tank? Fixture is ATI dimmable so it has two channels

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This largely comes down to the look you prefer as they'll all grow corals. I'm not a fan of "blue" tanks so I went with their 10-14k recommendation from the R2R sponsor forum and have been very pleased with the look. 

Edited by madweazl

Also depends on which colors you prefer to bring out the most. Whiter bulbs can help bring out blues more than a bunch of blue bulbs. Going with more blue bulbs can wash out certain colors. That's why I like more white and coral plus and use as many blue LEDs as I can to keep the tank from becoming too yellow/white.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I have a 48 inch Aquatic Life fixture with 3 AI primes and two Blue plus bulbs, with two coral plus bulbs. It’s a whiter look but I agree with Piper27 that too much blue washes out the purples, yellows, and reds of the world.

I use a lot of the ATI actinic ones.  On my 8-bulb I have 4 actinic, 2 blue plus, 2 coral plus.  I like it more purple than blue. 

Yup it helps with purples, yellows and reds too. Basically once the corals adjust and start growing under the new bulbs, that's when you see what a certain spectrum of a bulb is giving you. Just putting a bunch of blue bulbs might look ok at first, and give some pop, but over time these colors won't be as nice looking as they can with whites in the mix. I am not a fan of using a lot of blue plus bulbs on a t5 fixture. But using a number of different blue bulbs and a coral plus can give you a nice blue tank and not have it look washed out.
I use half white bulbs half blue bulbs. I use a large mix of a few brands so each bulb is different but they all blend together nicely. This way I know I am getting a bit of everything. I don't use any actintic because they seem like they don't put out much light, especially when ran with a white bulbs.
When I run halides I like 10xm or reflux 12k with a lot of blue LEDs. The blue LEDs don't show through the halide well but they will give you a nice looking tank and corals if you use enough, you can make the white bulbs look good.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk