Forum Problems? Report Here.

Origami

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Sharkey18 said:

Is there a specific place to announce meetings anymore? 

Hi Laura. Yes. There are three places.

1) There will always be a thread in the Club News forum announcing upcoming meetings. Additionally, we also try to set the dates aside up to a year in advance and announce those dates as well. We haven't nailed down the speaker for the Annual Meeting just yet, so the meeting thread has not been scheduled. However, a thread announcing the 2019 meeting dates is here. Those 2019 dates are: 

• January 26
  • April 27
  • July 20
  • October 19

2) The second place will the community calendar. Under the forums tab at the top of your page, there's a selection to get to the calendar. Here's a link to it.

3) Finally, there's the home page. It's been under wraps since the cutover to the new software because several blocks of the old page were broken by the upgrade/conversion. I was up late last night trying to fix it enough to make it presentable. I'll try to link to it today and add a tab to the forum so it can be viewed quickly. Anyway, here's the home page. Look in the lower right for the meeting info. Since we've not started a meeting thread yet for January, we've not updated the "Next Meeting" part of the schedule on the page (because we normally linik the text there to the meeting thread).

I hope this helps.

On 11/5/2018 at 7:32 AM, Origami said:

Darren, was this an email that was received before or after the update to the forum software? Your answer may help me find if there's a change that we need to make in some form now.

Most of our links now live in the forums subdirectory. Subscriptions can be found in the WAMAS store at https://wamas.org/forums/store/ or you can find our join link now located at http://www.wamas.org/forums/join.php

Thanks Origami, whatever you changed worked.  Thanks for all of the work you do for us, you rock!

Darren

I just realized that on the "Unread Content" view, which is my default view, I can't see "views" of a topic anymore.  Clicking on a forum to see the posts there-in does show post views, but I used to like seeing which ones were getting the views even if they didn't get replies.  

Do you see a way to turn that on?  I looked in the AdminCP for it, but couldn't see a setting for it.

1 hour ago, AlanM said:

I just realized that on the "Unread Content" view, which is my default view, I can't see "views" of a topic anymore.  Clicking on a forum to see the posts there-in does show post views, but I used to like seeing which ones were getting the views even if they didn't get replies.  

Do you see a way to turn that on?  I looked in the AdminCP for it, but couldn't see a setting for it.

Are you looking at the condensed view rather than the exanded view? Look to the upper right in the page, there are a couple of buttons side-by-side. If that doesn't fix it, let's talk this evening. Maybe you can share your screen with me to better understand what you're looking at.