Lynn's Fish Room

(edited)

Um... found this guy in the anemone tank. I seriously did not think they get this big.  Chapstick for scale. 64af75fc0cdc4c9b2ce32e952efa8d58.jpg94758c4dff8d94d6ba487fc899f15e1e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Edited by littlelise1985

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, littlelise1985 said:

Um... found this guy in the anemone tank. I seriously did not think they get this big.  Chapstick for scale. 64af75fc0cdc4c9b2ce32e952efa8d58.jpg94758c4dff8d94d6ba487fc899f15e1e.jpg

I dont like them anymore. Found one eating my montipora. 

Edited by A.ocellaris

If it’s a ln emerald crab, I’ll take it! Destroy bubble algae! So what if they nibble a little coral, it grows too fast anyways!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, A.ocellaris said:

You really have nice equipment! Are those AlPrime HD?

Thank you. Most of the equipment came with the tank. I didn't want to make a mistake with equipment and bought them as a set. Those are the AI Prime. They actually produce more heat than I realize. During peak time, it actually increases my tank to around 79.9 degrees.

I have been using a ranco controller to control temperature in tank. It creates a 2 degree swing all the time. It is nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anemone tank is going very well. Anemones are much bigger now! No splitting just growing like crazy.

The main tank is doing ok. I am getting a bit of algae bloom. Currently trying out Vibrant (I saw a lot of other folks mentioning it in TOTM threads) to see if that would decrease algae. It is a new tank so I expected it to happen, so I'm just hoping to decrease the amount.

201111_anemone.jpg

20181111_dt.jpg

@OrigamiThe bubbles are mostly gone, but I have to pad the return to prevent creation of bubbles to the return pump.

I took a short video of the current state of the tank. You can see the back side has major algae problems but the tangs seems to keep down quite well. I am thinking about maybe growing Cyphastrea in the back but I have not decided yet.  Sorry about the cheesy music... it's better than listening to my dogs being annoying.

I am thinking of turning the 65 gallon into a mean fish tank. The puffer is currently in it right now... he was being bad a couple of weeks ago. I got some very nice zoas from other reefers at the meeting and he ended up eating them. 

46014096_519985635143355_614012007854637056_n.jpg

On 11/18/2018 at 1:23 PM, littlelise1985 said:

Val has friends!

Trying to feed the eel but lost the food to Val.... she's such a fatty.

LOL

Are they both reef safe?

2 hours ago, A.ocellaris said:

LOL

Are they both reef safe?

DEFINITELY safe! If you don't have corals... inverts ... tiny fish.... other then that... absolute model citizens. :laugh:

Edited by littlelise1985

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, littlelise1985 said:

Well.... my female mandarin jumped out last night. Found her this morning. She was such a great fish. She would come out and greet me everyday when I come near the tank. Just devastating. :sad:

bummer! sorry to hear. 

Thank you everyone. My good friend came over and helped me put together a top. Hopefully won't happen again. I really didn't think mandarins are jumpers.

We are definitely not handy people.
Their video looks so easy but they never tell you a saw was needed. My itty bitty saw worked... barely. 62a62aed5dd02f18f1f281963d83f8ac.jpgd0a072518f0bd8525fb8efa4d14b0492.jpg

On 12/5/2018 at 8:54 PM, Origami said:

Fine job! Especially so given the limited tools at hand. Congratulations!

Thank you Tom!

My eel is doing very well also. He is getting a lot bigger!