Skimmer for IM Fusion

A.ocellaris

Hello!

I have an IM40, with the IM Ghost skimmer, which I think is OK, but not really good. I've been thinking about replacing this skimmer, with a HOB (Aquamaxx 1.5). The issue here is that I do not have space between the back side of the tank and the wall... so my only option is to hang it on the side. How can I check if it will fit this way? Any advice?

Skimmer:

https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/hob-1-5-hang-on-back-protein-skimmer-open-box-aquamaxx/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxe_AlJPU3QIVlYTICh2BUwvJEAQYASABEgJyjfD_BwE

FWIW I replace the IM skimmer with the Tunze 9004 and it is quieter and produces better skimmate than the IM skimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW I replace the IM skimmer with the Tunze 9004 and it is quieter and produces better skimmate than the IM skimmer.

I forgot to mention that I did try the Tunze 9004, and it was better, but didn't fit well in any of the chambers, and the water intake being at the top didn't help much. I ended up returning it.

Edited by A.ocellaris

I forgot to mention that I did try the Tunze 9004, and it was better, but didn't fit well in any of the chambers, and the water intake being at the top didn't help much. I ended up returning it.

Yep I’ve been thinking about those concerns too.

Here’s a MD video about other products that may fit. Not sure if it has the exact skimmer you’re considering, but thought it might be useful.

oh! Thank you for the video! just what I needed to see! The first skimmer they try is the one I was thinking about. I think it will fir on the side, getting water from the first chamber.