Help in laurel Md

Almoe

Restoring pristine water perimeters after a major baking soda fail. I had a big die off 6months ago and now fish still thrive but snails and invertebrates die quickly. Help in laurel Md

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I’m in Clarksville so pretty close. I think you just need to keep up with water changes and test to see if your pH is stable. Do you keep corals?

If fish are doing well but inverts all die one guess would be maybe copper or other metals?  Often fish are more resilient to metals in water.  Could be really high nitrate too. 

What have you tested for?

What are your water test results? Nitrates would be my first guess, too, given that there's no reason or mention of using copper in your first post. 

Establishing and maintaining good water quality is important. When you experience problems that may arise from poor water quality, having a few test results on hand is going to help get you better than a bunch of guesses, though.

Merged two duplicate posts saved to two different areas (DIY and Capital Aquariums). Then moved the merged topic to General Discussion forum as it was not a DIY topic.

Almoe, when you have a question, please try to put it in an appropriate forum and please just post it once. That way, it'll get seen and will help keep all responses to your question in one thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Very sorry I’m just seeing these responses. I’m sorry still figuring out this unusual forum. There were no coral in the tank when I posted. Nitrates were in an excitable range but I’ve never tested for copper!