Need To Move Tank

Viktoriia

Long story short, I need to move the fish tank to replace our wooden floors.

Is there a company anybody can recommend to assist with moving the tank briefly while they work on the floor and move back.

Contractor says it should only be an hour or so to work on the spot the tank is on.

Tank is 125 gallons with 20 gallons in the sump and 10 in the ATO.

I would suggest borrowing a 150 gallon stocktank, transferring the livestock into it, moving the tank out of the way and then putting everything back into the tank. I have had to do that several times.

I would suggest borrowing a 150 gallon stocktank, transferring the livestock into it, moving the tank out of the way and then putting everything back into the tank. I have had to do that several times.

This

Many of the major fish stores have something setup. However, they get booked up and usually don’t come out unless it’s a big job, making lots of money. To move the tank would require at a minimum of two very strong men (200+ lbs empty) assuming no stairs etc. If you are able to get a cheap pump and a 100 gallon Rubbermaid you could pump water and move your live stock. Then hire movers to move the tank. Tell them the weight and time required before they arrive and any obstacles. Otherwise speak with the local fish stores. Most are nerds like myself not very big guys and don’t like moving tanks. My opinion as a past employee of a fish store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! So much work to do. Do you maybe know of a professional company that can do it all?

I know both Reef eScape and Quantum reefs have moving services but it was fairly expensive, I believe I was quoted like $90/hr/person for one of the stores? Might have been higher. This was also the price at January last year so things might be different now

Good point razz. I used quantum reefs. Adam was an excellent service tech. However $100 hr for a single person, and even the smaller projects will take longer than expected. In the past spoke with Capital Aquariums to have work done, they never returned my inquiry. Also, in the past with Adam at Artfully Acrylic. Great work have my lid from them, but a hard time getting either to respond/come out.

Not sure of WAMAS rules but maybe you can beg or bribe some people here to come out. If you need someone to move livestock certainly wouldn’t mind lending a free hand. Not good with heavy objects though.

Not sure of WAMAS rules but maybe you can beg or bribe some people here to come out. If you need someone to move livestock certainly wouldn’t mind lending a free hand. Not good with heavy objects though.

^ In my last club, a promise of pizza and beer after the job went a LONG way to get a beefy crew pulled together.

Thank you, all! We are getting in touch with Quantum. Should not be “that complicated” of a job: luckily we have no stairs, it is just to move our tank a few feet to the side, and put it back in a few hours. Might be posting a beg for help on WAMAS as well!

Good point razz. I used quantum reefs. Adam was an excellent service tech. However $100 hr for a single person, and even the smaller projects will take longer than expected. In the past spoke with Capital Aquariums to have work done, they never returned my inquiry. Also, in the past with Adam at Artfully Acrylic. Great work have my lid from them, but a hard time getting either to respond/come out.

Thank you for the kind words. I have my own company now and have succesfully completed many of these moves.

OP, PM me and I would be happy to help you out.

Adam Oberheim

-Exotic Aquatics