Who else is running an Alkatronic?

overklok

I purchased an Alkatronic a few weeks ago. I have to say it is a great piece of equipment. It is easy to setup and run. It gives you the alkalinity information that has been lacking in the hobby. I can see my alk go down during the day and rise in the night. So far my alk has been really stable. 8.82 to 8.92 is my range so far after 10 days. I highly recommend this product for SPS reefers.

I picked one up and set it up. That's louder than expected and the time to test is ~12 mins total. With that being said, it's pretty awesome. Out of the box it was about .1 higher than the Hanna checker. Going to do a few more comparisons over the next few days to really dial in the offset.

One thing it's missing is it own internal webpage. I really wish the would implement that capability, but not sure if the system can support that.

You have to update the firmware and the code on the box itself, then the cloud works a bit better. I just wish they would intergrated it into the box itself. Do you have update enabled in the settings? Without that enabled, it does not send test data to the "cloud"

I have it updated to the latest firmware, Alkatonic OS version, and iOS app. I have automatic updates and uploads set in the app. 

Edited by overklok