Raspberry Pi

lynn.reef.nerd

I never really explored ReefPi, so can’t really comment on it.

Jayfish doesn’t currently do any direct chemical measurements, but does let you log readings, reads temperature, controls outlets based on time or temperature, does ATO, feeding, PWM control for LEDs, and controls dosing pumps.

The developer is really responsive and helpful.

I’d recommend looking at both sites and deciding which does what you’re looking for. Also compare what types of guides there are. I know Jayfish has pretty thorough guides for building hardware as well as the software installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 years later...

The main developer of ReefPi and a forum for it are on Reef2Reef, so that's probably the place to find the most people with experience with it.  You need much more than just a Pi, but there are some open source hardware designs that sell kids and fabricated pieces, and then all the customization you could want mucking around with the software.

It's very much a DIY option, much more than a standard controller, and I'd imagine some knowledge of electronics and programming are both important to really getting it going without too much trouble, but I hear there are a bunch of people that use it and have been happy with it.

Edited by DaJMasta