need calaupera for new tanks

astroboy

Does anyone have a handful or two of calaupera they'd be willing  to part with? I live in Vienna,

Thanks,

Mark

Perhaps I should be more specific. I'm going to buy  strip of LED lights and wrap them around a BRS charcoal canister; inside I'll have the cheato or calaupera. I think about 300 gallons per hour will flow through the canister. I said calaupera, but perhaps cheat would be better? Any advice would be appreciated greatly.

Does anyone have a handful or two of calaupera they'd be willing  to part with? I live in Vienna,

Thanks,

Mark

So if you’re going the reactor route I would think cheato would be you’re best bet since I’ve seen a lot of recommendations of going that route with cheato.

I’ve got cheato in my fuge area and I’ve noticed that it seems to die off from the bottom. For that reason, I’m looking to replace the cheato with caluerpa in my fuge which was why I +1’d your thread. I’ve seen plenty of cheato offers but not much on caluerpa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaeto would be more dense, less issues if spreading to other parts of tank, and caulerpa can absorb some calcium, from what I remember.  also, using the led strip grow lights with mostly red would likely be your best bet.  Amazon or ebay usually has a good selection.