External Skimmer Install Questions

Big Country

I recently purchased a Skimz SM252 external skimmer for a new build.  Decided to go ahead and hook up skimmer now instead of waiting.

I intend to set the skimmer on a table built around/above my 100g Rubbermaid sump

As to questions:

1.  Should I put the skimmer inside of a container just in case it leaks and run an emergency tube into the sump?

2.  Should I glue the return piping coming out of the stand pipe on the skimmer?

2a.    If I should glue it, should I place the metric/US adapter into the standpipe where it comes out of the skimmer or use the 50mm pipe that came with the skimmer to bring it out to the elbow and put the adapter in the bottom of the elbow to continue down to the sump with 1.5" PVC pipe?

3.  Do I need an air intake vent on the return piping going back to the sump?  I saw some pictures of Reef Octopus 6000 EXT with a air intake that went higher than the skimmer in the return line but none of the pictures in the instructions or on the Skimz website show or say to vent the return like that.

4.  It's going to be about a 3 foot drop from the skimmer to the sump water level.  Is this a problem?

5.  Should the end of the return piping be underwater in the sump?  Or above water?

Guess I will answer some of my own questions at this point since it's up and running to help someone in the future.

1.  Probably should have since for some reason one of the pumps drips occasionally, will give it a couple more days to seal up with salt before I worry about draining the skimmer and trying to reseat the bottom seal of the pump.

2.  Not necessary to glue the pipe it fits tight enough to not leak since it's not pressure

2a.  I just put the metric/US adapter in the bottom of the elbow

3.  Doesn't seem to need one but I do notice some vibration in the pipe, will keep an eye on it

4.  Not a problem

5.  Not sure, it's currently underwater, less splashing but suspect the little backpressure is causing the vibration in the pipe

I would have chimed in, but I've not no experience here. Thanks for following up with your experience for anybody else that finds it!