Six line wrasse and Mandarin

A.ocellaris

Hey!

I got my biota mandarin a few days ago and kept him in a breeder box in the tank. I decided to release the mandarin so he can start picking on the rocks. However, the six line wrasse has been very agressive towards the tiny tiny mandarin (quarter size). I decided to put him back in the box.

I thought these two were compatible.

Expect your 6 line to be an a hole to all your fish it’s bigger than.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My six line started out peaceful for quite some time. Maybe because it was smaller. Then he went full a hole. He started picking on my mandarin which is my favorite fish. Six line now lives in the sump.

I had good luck catching him using a fish trap and a mirror. I just put a small mirror in the back of the trap and he goes right in. Took 10 min. I have a trap if you would like to borrow it. In glen burnie, md.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

from my experience, they will relentlessly go after new addition that are smaller and similar shape. Once its pass the aggression, usually a few days, it will mind its own business. They are hard to catch, try using the bottle trap.

• 3 weeks later...

How's the Mandarin doing now?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

He is doing great! He is fat and always "hunting". He is also growing very fast. I'll try to get some pics so I can show you.

I am cultivating pods and yesterday harvested the first batch of pods and put them in the back  side "refugium" of my tank.

[30784774798_6e5c54df9a.jpgUntitled 

29717757827_2bd79c90b0.jpg

Edited by A.ocellaris

My six line killed a newly added flame angel over night, then all of sudden started picking on my 2 clowns that it was fine with prior to the flame. Couldn't catch the six line, so I put the clowns in the fuge for a week. Attempted to put them back in and the six line still nipped. I eventually put the clowns in an acclimation box for a couple weeks and now the six line leaves them alone.

• 2 weeks later...