Skimmer pump recommendations

scott711

So as luck would have it, I am going on vacation soon and my skimmer pump failed.  It is a mini red dragon 1500.  I am not sure what is wrong with it.  It will turn on, start to spin and then stop.  Just to keep my skimmer working, I threw in a mag pump and put a tube in the intake to suck air, so far that has worked, but I need to either get a replacement (not sure what would work as an alternative to a red dragon) or figure out what is wrong with the pump.  I cleaned the pump and impeller, but that didn't help.  Skimmer has only been running for about 7 months.  Any help would be appreciated

If you're looking for a different brand pump, you can check out the Coralvue bubble blaster or a Laguna pump.  You are probably going to be looking for a BB 3000 or 5000, Laguna 1350 or 1500.  

It is a bubble king mini 1500.  I have been talking with Royal exclusive over PM.  I have tried soaking it and so far no luck.  I was looking at the laguna pump because they are almost identical. My problem is that I am leaving for vacation.  Luckily my mag drive pump with a hose inserted into the intake has been ok.