Advice on breaking down a tank

blmurphy1982

Hey all - I’m in need of breaking down and getting rid of my reef tank. I’m looking to find someone who is able to come over, bag up everything (fish, anemones, coral, urchin, snails) and take it all. I’m not even looking to make any money off of it, just want it all to go to a good home.

Any advice - you think a reef store like Supreme Reefs would be able to do this and help me rehome the lot?

Thanks everyone

It sounds like you are unable to move anything? If you are you could use 5-gallon buckets and take to a LFS. From there they would acclimate. I’ve worked with aquarium shops and that’s how we would do it. What exactly do you have? I have an established setup, with a 40 frag and 100 sump. If you need somewhere to store livestock for giveaway to members. Already babysitting some corals/fish though.

Are you moving or just struggling with reef keeping? If you need any assistance feel free to reach out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let us know if you need any help feel free to reach out to members on the forum. I know a lot of members have big setup like ReefBum mentioned that can help hold the livestock coral/fish etc and give away to other reefers who starting out. Someone gave me a free skinny yellow tang 2 years ago when I first start out and he is my favorite fish. The idea of adopting someone else fish and give it a home is a lot better than buying at the store.

Edited by bk_market