Tunze Replacement Pumps?

YHSublime

My ATO Tunze pump went out (within 6 months of buying, serves me right for getting used.) I'm manually topping off right now, but I know I can buy replacement pumps for about $25. 

Question is, has anybody used something else besides the tunze pump and wired it in? I've heard these are the cream de la creme of top-offs, but It's been pretty meh for me so far. 

Reach out to roger with tunze. His customer service is awesome. He will get you squared away. He probably can’t warranty a used one but can you a new one fairly quickly.

Tunze@sbcglobal.net

Reach out to roger with tunze. His customer service is awesome. He will get you squared away. He probably can’t warranty a used one but can you a new one fairly quickly.

Tunze@sbcglobal.net

That's good info, thanks!

my whole tunze just died not getting another one looking at a couple different options

Been using the Avast ATO with their diphram pump for many years (even being stored for 5 years unused) and it works like it did the first day I bought it. Then again I have had a Tunze ATO and it worked well too, but the design of the Avast was better to me with it just having a tube that senses pressure instead of a moving float switch.

(edited)

I like the tunze ato a lot. I appreciate being able to dial down the stock pump for the desired flow. On a small tank, this is a good feature. It does require opening the unit, but it let's you do it.

If you really want a different pump you could get a 50ml BRS pump and this

OSMOLATOR SWITCHED SOCKET OUTLET

hhttps://www.bulkreefsupply.com/tunze-osmolator-switched-socket-outlet.html

I would just buy a new $25 replacement pump. They sell them on Amazon, and you'll get it quick with free shipping. 

Edited by BowieReefer84

From what I’ve read, the included tunze pump is a dc pump. You can wire any dc pump ( like litremeter) directly. But for any ac pump, then you’ll need the osmolator switch socket. At the socket price of $80, you can buy 4 replacement pumps.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a new pump on the way, topping off by hand has been a PIA.

Anybody with this unit notice that the power cord doesn't go in all the way? Or is that just me?

5c6116e324d93c74fa2bd24ec665f9e0.jpg

I've got a new pump on the way, topping off by hand has been a PIA.

Anybody with this unit notice that the power cord doesn't go in all the way? Or is that just me?

5c6116e324d93c74fa2bd24ec665f9e0.jpg

Mine is this way also. Haven't had any issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk