Pair Anemone/Ocellatis (Snow clown)

A.ocellaris

Hi,

I know.. I know.. This is a hit or miss, but anyone had luck with getting their clown fish to an anemone? i have 3 (Bubble Tips)  in my tank and they just like the corner of the tank better.I've read about people sticking pictures, or videos, an even taking the anemone and fish into a small container to force them (which I will not do). Any other method that has worked for you?

I have yet has issue with nem hosting any of my clownfish. Just give them time. Tank raised juvenile clownfish tend to take longer to find its host. Beside, BTA are not natural host for ocellaris clownfish. 

My last snowflake clownfish (was 3/4" juvenile) took a while, I think over 3 months to be hosted by my nems.

I was able to trick my clown by feeding by the anemone, but it is hit or miss. In time most clowns will host a BTA.

This is what I've always done. Now the roam from nem to nem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This is what I've always done. Now the roam from nem to nem

Like feeding the anemone only?

Like feeding the anemone only?

Yea use a Turkey baster and slowly squirt the frozen food on or around the nem to entice the clowns to go near it

Update: They have been playing with one anemone lately with their tails and like shaking to each other near her. I think at some point I saw one of them going into her, but they still sleep in a corner of the tank.

Anyone have better recommendations for clown/nem pairs rather than a RBTA?

Toadstools, GSP, Frogspawn, etc. clowns are weird, they'll choose whatever. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, this happened yesterday :). I was so excited that forgot to fix the focus of my camera. It looks like they are testing the anemone for safety? lol

43143787405_c0abfcafa3.jpg