Question on older chiller

Raj

I cannot figure out which one is inlet and which one is outlet on this chiller can someone please help me my home AC is broken and the tank temp is hitting 84 degrees

Currently I'm using the top to feed water

d17be6151378b12013c47f2bc8cbe158.jpg

175e92fa13ac85cc3b994fbd7d6739e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to overthink it here...I would run water in through the bottom and out the top to help prevent any air pockets from forming in the lower section due bubbles or micro-bubbles that might happen to flow into it. If an air pocket forms then part of the cooling coil would be out of the water and possibly start freezing. Odd's are probably low that that would be a problem, just something to consider. Large industrial/commercial heat exchangers are designed to have flow in a particular direction for optimal performance but on something this small I doubt there is any performance issue to consider.

As Rob A mentioned, I don't think the direction will matter that much.  From the pictures it looks like the bottom portion is where the water is getting chilled. Have you tried to look up the brand/model # for the chiller?

You also have to make sure the flow the the chiller is sufficient.  It can't be too fast or the water won't have enough time to get cooled, but not too slow either.  You also want to make sure the chiller is actually working to and not freezing up.  You should here the chiller engage when it turns on and starts the cooling process with the refrigerant and the fan.

Thanks @Rob A and @scott711

As advised by Rob I ran the water through the bottom and out through the top.. I came back from work and saw the temperature was under control around 79.2. I programmed the reef-keeper to turn on if the temperature goes above 79.2

I cannot find the sticker with the model number and make for the chiller so Im using a small pump a little bigger then the MJ1200 which I was using to fix salt, I just used that pump.. 

Service ppl will take another week to fix my AC .. I using fans to cool down my other 2 tanks.. 

Thanks for the advice @Jon Lazar I have added one fan that way on the return section .. 

Tomorrow I will get a 20inch box fan and try to point it to the display also

I have a 24inch wide eurobrace - 150 g tank so that might be able to just place the fan on the braces ..