Frag Fest

sigel7

Curious to why this is members only meeting? I feel though  this meeting would be a great way to reach out and draw in new members. If the club would charge a 5 or 10 dollar fee to non members and get them in the door to see what free stuff they are missing out on they would become interested in becoming a  member. If there not allowed only because of giving frags away have members get a hand stamp or something to show they are members and state only free frags given to members. I would like to attend this meeting with my spouse but because she is not a member she is not allowed. I don't understand why someone has to be a member for something they have no interest in but just want to be there in support of others hobby.

Mostly because this is the one meeting that WAMAS gives away free frags at. This entire organization is run by non paid volunteers, including the board, moderators, etc. 

The time line is too short to squeeze in a meeting, raffles, vendors, fragging, and everything else, and mitigate the pandemonium that is free frags for all current members. There are better ways to do it, and we're talking about how that can be done fairly, but again, all volunteer work! 

I'm pretty sure folks are allowed to sign up at the door, that's a $20 membership, exact same one that you have. There's 3 other meetings a year they can get in as a guest and see what they are missing out on. If you want bring your spouse, I suggest you upgrade to a family membership, and then that way you don't have to pay to bring her to any other of the meetings as well. I believe that's $15, and you can support the club back and bring your wife. 

There is very limited physical space for an even that draws the most people. Having a bunch of extra bodies, making it even more crowded than it already is just so non-members can see what WAMAS has at Frag Fest, is not fair to actual WAMAS members. If someone wants to go that bad, then the person can pay for the membership fee (which is less than the cost of most frags!).

If you want bring your spouse, I suggest you upgrade to a family membership, and then that way you don't have to pay to bring her to any other of the meetings as well.

And if you go this route, I would also behoove you to NOT do this at the door, but take care of it now. 

(which is less than the cost of most frags!).

This is also very true. And space.

Anyone who is not signed up I would suggest to do so! Then plan on going to fragfest, even having to pay the few more bucks for a membership, you will never think about that money again.