My IM 40 Fusion

Hey!

So my tank is finally taking shape and I decided to take some picks. This is an IM 40 Fusion that has been running for about 3.5 months. I've had some ups and down, but this is it right now!

29540190568_b58813fbaa.jpg

Equipment:

IM Ghost Skimmer,

Cobalt Heater

HydraFill ATO

Vortech MP10

Lightning:

2 x Al Prime HD

Parameters:

(see signature below)

Fish:

2 Clown Fish

1 Six Line Wrasse

1 Starry Blenny

1 Royal Gramma

Inverts:

2 RBTA

1 RBA

Softs/LPS/SPS :)

43362692772_3168223e94.jpg

42506530545_bcf798512f.jpg

29540202078_5d8a73759a.jpg

28541045657_c7cfae4a4e.jpg

Looking good, nice photos! That's a pretty rainbow BTA you have!

(edited)

Looking good, nice photos! That's a pretty rainbow BTA you have!

Thank you! I have two and the one I bought from you, which has a nice pink color, but it reduced in size (it didn't like my tank at first) and now is gaining size and tentacles back. I do like seeing her progress. The clowns dont host any of them yet :(

Edited by A.ocellaris

(edited)

Looking good. Is that the Rainbow nem you got from me? 

BTW how are the QT fish?

The RBTA that I bought from you is the "green one" at the back. It changed color from purple/green to mostly green and developed like a red tip at the end of the tentacles. She is getting bigger and bigger (almost double in size of the one in front, but tentacles are shorter). I think I am kind of addicted to anemones, always wanted to have one and now it seems I am getting it right.

The anthias are gone and the ones who survived were the two clowns. I am now trying to buy already quarantined fish and they seem to do better on my tank! The rock is now getting color from different algaes (some brown, some green, and even yellow!)

Edited by A.ocellaris

How is the IM Ghost Skimmer working out for you, I have heard good and bad? I have an IM 30 L, contemplating a skimmer, as you know space is at a premium in the rear chambers, want to get the best skimmer I can that will fit,

Thanks!

(edited)

How is the IM Ghost Skimmer working out for you, I have heard good and bad? I have an IM 30 L, contemplating a skimmer, as you know space is at a premium in the rear chambers, want to get the best skimmer I can that will fit,

Thanks!

It's actually working out for me. It's not the best skimmer or anything like that, but it does take some garbage out. I do not have any micro-bubbles issues like other people have. My first skimmer was the Tunze 9004, and even though it's more powerful, it didn't fit well in the chambers and released tons of microbubbles and made more noise, so I returned it. I know want to add chaeto in one of the chambers and remove the black sticker for lightning, but it is too close to the wall and I can't move it.

Edited by A.ocellaris

(edited)

New items and pictures (Still cant figure out how to use manual focus)

Got a new Green Maxima clam from Pacific East Aquatic and two chalices, and a montipora.

42817132684_67ddacbccd.jpg

43534477701_773d748370.jpg

41725978630_71b56d743c.jpg

42817123634_2a6af6547c.jpg

29660909778_cf6ea781bf.jpg

41724097600_c2cc356e0c.jpg

42817410244_1e84fc7b22.jpg

Edited by A.ocellaris

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well... I keep losing some fish with the same symptoms, not eating, heavy breathing, until they are gone. I lost my starry blenny, and now a cardinal seems to be agitated and not eating :(. Whatever this disease/parasite is drives me crazy... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)
On 10/21/2018 at 6:12 PM, littlelise1985 said:

Just saw your post last month. Is everything better now?

Ups and down... there are some mysteries I still have to resolve lol!

I wanted to show you guys that the biggest anemone I have in my tank has split into two :). A new anemone has born! @flooddc

44955567584_14845a3bc9_c.jpg

44766063855_6b372b9740_c.jpg

I am excited and this is the first time it happens in my tank :)

Edited by A.ocellaris

Ups and down... there are some mysteries I still have to resolve lol!
I wanted to show you guys that the biggest anemone I have in my tank has split into two :). A new anemone has born! [mention=2633239]flooddc[/mention]
44955567584_14845a3bc9_c.jpg
44766063855_6b372b9740_c.jpg

I am excited and this is the first time it happens in my tank
Congrats!!! Super cool.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, A.ocellaris said:

I was able to take another shot. This looks like a painfull process. 

There's not a lot of reason on the "why" of nems splitting, but one of the theories is stress. An interesting concept on if it's painful or not. Most standard bubble tips can be propagated with a sharp razor blade and good water quality. 

Keep an eye on your levels with the addition of a clam, and consider phyto (I think you had some threads about this a while back?) Also, just some recycled advice, those mushrooms in the bottom left of the DT, I would remove them, they will slowly take over all your nice coral, and will be very hard to remove. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...