Hoping To Get Back Into Salt...

Hello All

For those of you I know, hello again!  It's been awhile.  I hope everyone is well, and it's so good to see some familiar Avatars and Handles.  

I am currently deployed to Qatar with USAR, and I'll be here until November-ish.  I'm hoping to finally start setting up my 120g saltwater tank and under-the-stairs fish room when I get home to Norfolk.  There's a chance I'll be offered a civilian job in Spain that could once again curtail my plans.

But if all goes well, I'll get back in mid to late November and start cooking rocks.  I'll be gone for a lot of December, and then get started on the stand, water station, and fish room in January.  Hoping to have a tank running by February, and aquarium life by March!

So on boring days at work, I'm planning a lot of this out, deciding what new equipment I want, stalking build threads, etc.  I want a high level of automation, and I already have Alexa, so I'm definitely interested in syncing my Neptune and Apex together.  

I might start a build thread now so you all can give me advice and criticism over the next few months.  

Regardless, I'm looking forward to catching up with old friends and coming up to DC for a Spring 2019 WAMAS meeting (it's a ways off, I know).

Hope everyone is well!  

Tricia

Tricia!! Welcome Back!!! How you liking Doha! I stayed there a few times at the air base heading in and out of Afghan... God it was sooo HOTTTT! 

I just decided to get back in as well and have started ordering my equipment etc for me build!!

Welcome back, Tricia. (And, you too, Matt).

Spain's a nice assignment if you can get it. I just returned from 2-1/2 weeks out (which included 4 days in Barcelona - lovely town!).

Looking forward to hearing more about what you have going on ahead.

Tricia!! Welcome Back!!! How you liking Doha! I stayed there a few times at the air base heading in and out of Afghan... God it was sooo HOTTTT! 

I just decided to get back in as well and have started ordering my equipment etc for me build!!

Yep, I'm at Al Udeid.  I'm so ready to leave.  To be fair to AUAB, it's not a bad base.  Can't really complain about a pool and three bars when you're deployed.  That being said, I hate it.  I haven't had a lot of positive experiences so far in the military, and this deployment started out rough with various leadership and assignment issues.  Recently, after a leadership change, things are much better, but now I am over it all and just want to come home.  I also really really miss civilian life and basic freedoms we take for granted.  And it is definitely HOT!  Really hard to run out your stress in 120F weather...

Congrats on getting back into it!  Weren't you breeding clowns before?  What are you going to do now?  What equip have you ordered?

Welcome back, Tricia. (And, you too, Matt).

Spain's a nice assignment if you can get it. I just returned from 2-1/2 weeks out (which included 4 days in Barcelona - lovely town!).

Looking forward to hearing more about what you have going on ahead.

Hey!

My assignment would be in Rota, which is pretty close to Seville.  I know I'm in the pool of candidates, but I have no idea how big that pool is or the timelines involved.  It would be with my parent organization, Navy Office of General Counsel, just a new location.  Similiar to my move from DC to Norfolk.  I'm sure I'll have a better idea before I get home at the end of November.

Where else did you go besides Barcelona?

It's good to see so many familiar faces!  Hopefully everyone's good.  

Hey!

Where else did you go besides Barcelona?

Monte Carlo, Pisa/Florence, Rome (including the Vatican), Athens, Mykonos, Santorini & Malta. We tacked the Barcelona trip on the front end of a 12-day Med cruise to celebrate take our youngest daughter out after her HS graduation and to show her places that she'd only read about in history books.

My dad (retired Navy) used to sail into and out of Rota.