Old RODI unit

blaze98

I have an older model Typhoon III Ro unit that I haven't used for a few years. I was wondering if replacing the fittings would help get this unit back on it's proverbial feet. I have replacement media for it already, I'm just concerned with replacing the hoses and connectors. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  

• 2 weeks later...

They may not check the forum all the time. Try sending something through the contact page on their website. You can also text them at (772) 461-0256. I just did that and received a reply. AWI has been a valued, long-time sponsor of WAMAS. Many of us here have their setups and we frequently offer one at the raffle in our meeting(s).

BTW, if you haven't used it in a few years, you'll probably want to change out the filters and the RO membrane. (Don't forget the membrane!) I've never had a problem with the fittings when I've refurbished/updated one of their systems. But all of those systems were kept indoors in controlled environments. If the unit's been sitting for a really long time in an uncontrolled environment, it's possible (I guess) that you may have to change out the o-rings on the canisters and possibly any leaky fittings you might encounter.