Picked up package at airport....

gmerek2

So I always seen vendor posts "picking up fish at the airport" I wish I could cut off UPS or fedex and intercept my package early in morning. Sometimes they show up late and I feel this would minimize losses. Is there an option to pick stuff up at the airport or do vendors have a totally different shipping method?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never done that, but both UPS and FedEx allow packages to be held for pickup. Usually ready by 8:30am. If there were an issue with the flight it would be an issue whether you picked up or the carrier. Having it held avoids sitting in truck all day, and potentially not getting delivered. 

Like BowieReefer said you can have the shippers hold the package at their location and you can usually pick it up very early in the morning. PAE actually does that as a special kind of shipping for the shipping "zone" around them.

Check it out https://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/shipping_policy.html

I've done that with them several times and have been very happy each time with it. Not sure if other vendors would do something similar but I do know that if you make an account with FedEx and UPS you can request something similar be done with packages being shipped to you.

If you have a fed ex center near you, they could have it shipped there and you can get it by 0830. Or just pay the extra and have it for first delivery at ur house by 0830

I have picked up at FedEx location before it didn’t show there till 10am. I also have picked up at a huge UPS shipping distribution hub center in Hagerstown but it didn’t open till 930 so I would rather wait an extra hour for that because I’m not going to acclimate them while I drive 45min home lol. Maybe I’ll do that next time and will bring fresh tank water to mix in their bags before I drive.

I've picked up birds at the airport before, but that's because the seller shipped via the airline rather than UPS or FedEx.

As Hilary mentioned, when LFS’ pick up from the airport, they’re getting boxes that have been shipped via the airlines. I have seen a couple online vendors offer this as an option.

That’s cool I wish more places offered the airline shipping. Less convenient but when all the organisms live it makes it worth while

If you have a fed ex center near you, they could have it shipped there and you can get it by 0830. Or just pay the extra and have it for first delivery at ur house by 0830

This is what I do (pick up at a FedEx Office center around the corner from me at work). It works well and the box is always there first thing in the morning.