Pectinia feeding video

AlanM

Here is Dave Sun's space invaders pectinia living in my tank with its feeding tentacles out after I added LRS Fertility Frenzy to the tank this morning.

If anyone wondered how far is "safe" to put some LPS with other corals around, notice that one of its tentacles on the right is about 8 inches long.

Here is our big colony grown in heavy flow, growth is almost solid in the center. Never been fragged and is probably 4 years old or more. I find the heavy flow helps keep the stingers from roaming as far. It is to the point where we are thinking about selling it because it's about two softballs put together. Very heavy colony. One of the few corals that survived my tank problems a while back, just grows so slow. It would probably be 3 times the size of it was grown in a tank with gentle flow and better feeding regimen. cc2fbf6325160dba2de20fb66d919176.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's cool, Piper.  I like the long fingers of growth on this one.  I've only seen the feeding tentacle this long when I had the powerhead that is right behind it turned off.  It gave it a chance to stretch its "legs" a bit.

Yea the long finger growth is nice, if I grew this in an lps tank it would be twice the size and probably look better too. The heavy flow made it so new growth stayed very close to the coral. At least its uniform and not growing in one direction :)