Power outage notifications

BowieReefer84

I just got a failed circuit alarm to buzz if my power goes out. It's good for middle of the night awareness. However, I want something that will email/text when power goes out. However, if power is out my wifi would presumably not work either, so how can I accomplish this?

Here is the failed circuit alarm I got:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077Q9NC6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is not for a tank, but I know many of you have the same challenges. My concern is my SUMP PUMP! Living in Ellicott City is rough these days.

Here is another, but you have to supply your own SIM card, such as a pre-paid one.  iSocket  About the same price as the pumpalarm mentions above.  But in the long run may be cheaper as it looks like there is no annual cost.  Pumpalarm does provide more options though.

My FiOS stays on even when my house power goes out. So I keep my FiOS router and my network and my desktop computer on APC battery backup units. I also keep my Apex on battery backup. We had a 20-minute outage a few weeks back. It happened while I was sitting at my desk downstairs. Even though the lights went dark all around me, my computer remained connected and I was able to connect to and report the outage to Novec (my electric company)..

(edited)

My FiOS stays on even when my house power goes out. So I keep my FiOS router and my network and my desktop computer on APC battery backup units. I also keep my Apex on battery backup. We had a 20-minute outage a few weeks back. It happened while I was sitting at my desk downstairs. Even though the lights went dark all around me, my computer remained connected and I was able to connect to and report the outage to Novec (my electric company)..

Hm, this is interesting. I have FIOS as well, so perhaps some battery backups for the router. To get a text notification if FIOS remains on I am sure I could get a smart outlet or something. I do have the Phillips Hue bulbs and hub. I will look to see if there is something that could do for me. Thanks for the insight Tom.

Edited by BowieReefer84

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, this is interesting. I have FIOS as well, so perhaps some battery backups for the router. To get a text notification if FIOS remains on I am sure I could get a smart outlet or something. I do have the Phillips Hue bulbs and hub. I will look to see if there is something that could do for me. Thanks for the insight Tom.

You're welcome. Good luck.

• 7 months later...