Alex's 150 gallon slowly upgrading

(edited)

Hello all. I recently moved to the area from Louisiana and moved my tank with me. When I arrived, I used my new steel stand and replumbed it with orange PVC and white fittings. The plan is to put white panels to mount all of my equipment to. I plan on uploading pictures and I progress.

http://www.wamas.org/forums/uploads/gallery/album_1773/gallery_2636662_1773_2460194.jpg

post-2636662-0-09928200-1529730615_thumb.jpg

Edited by Earazo

Looking good, welcome to the club!

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Adding the white acrylic for my panels in order to organize my cable and components.

Edited by Earazo

Still at it and taking my time to do it right. I started adding the acrylic panels had made a 12 gallon ATO from clear orange and white acrylic. Waiting for it to set before I add water.post-2636662-0-41097500-1530055734_thumb.jpgpost-2636662-0-03429800-1530055750_thumb.jpgpost-2636662-0-02229500-1530055763_thumb.jpg

Still at it and taking my time to do it right. I started adding the acrylic panels had made a 12 gallon ATO from clear orange and white acrylic. Waiting for it to set before I add water.attachicon.gif 20180624_185709.jpgattachicon.gif 20180622_224040.jpgattachicon.gif 20180626_184748.jpg

That's pretty slick, I like the orange. 

That's pretty slick, I like the orange.

Thank you. I still have some work to do but it's getting there. I'm not sure if I want to put a wood facing anymore or leave it open like it is. Lol

I'd keep it the way it is, maybe just some white trim to cover the board the tank sits on? 

(edited)

Thank you, it was rough since I have a 10, 3, and 1 year old but well worth it.

Edited by Earazo

• 3 weeks later...

Nice tank and moving it from Louisiana is some serious dedication! If you don’t mind, could you provide some details regarding the moving process over such a long distance? Did you move your livestock as well? If so, how did you go about this? Buckets in a car or did you ship corals and fish?

My family will likely be moving out of the area (to Charlotte, NC) in 9-12 mos time. I plan on using that as an opportunity to upgrade tank size, so I plan to have a new tank set up in the new house before moving the livestock from my current tank. Just curious to see how others have done this.

Thanks!

Nice tank and moving it from Louisiana is some serious dedication! If you don’t mind, could you provide some details regarding the moving process over such a long distance? Did you move your livestock as well? If so, how did you go about this? Buckets in a car or did you ship corals and fish?

My family will likely be moving out of the area (to Charlotte, NC) in 9-12 mos time. I plan on using that as an opportunity to upgrade tank size, so I plan to have a new tank set up in the new house before moving the livestock from my current tank. Just curious to see how others have done this.

Thanks!

Sorry that I didn't answer sooner.   Thank you for liking my tank, it still has a lot of work that I need to do.  I did move all of my livestock to include all coral.  I only lost a clown, who got crushed by a rock and one encrusting monti. So what I did, I purchased two 105 gallon plastic storage tanks (overkill but I plan on buying a bigger aquarium once I retire. using these for my RODI station) and used them to transport my water from my aquarium.  I put some of the tank water in one of the 105 gallons and made fresh salt water and transported it in the other 105 gallon.   

I placed all of my coral and fish in about 4 different coolers to transport them.  I didn't connect any lights, heaters, or powerheads on the way here.  All I did was connect one bubble/oxygen pump (from amazon or Petco) to each cooler to keep some kind of flow in the tank.  I left on a Friday morning and started setting everything back up that Sunday (my drive was from Friday morning to Saturday night).  Overall, with the drive and putting everything in coolers the night before, the fish and corals were in a cooler for about 4-5 days and as I said before, I only lost one clown and one monti, Oh, and one sea urchin.  

That's awesome that you are upgrading.  When I moved, I upgraded the wood stand to a steel stand and changed the plumbing to orange PVC with white fittings.  I recommend that you have everything ready to go before you move so that you can just plug and play.  It took me a few extra days to re-plumb everything  especially since I had to work unpacking the house and help the wife with the kids.  If you have any questions, PM me and I will send you my phone number to talk about it. Good luck with your move and don't get discouraged because it is a motherf****.  If you live close and I am around when you get ready to do this, I can help you out.  

The wife tends to say that she isn't that into the tank but here she is helping with the water change. f7677125c1a44968d709189e0154a650.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Nice looking stuff, sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk