Anyone own a Olympus TG-5?

TonyInVa

I am thinking of buying one. I currently have a GoPro 5 but also want something that takes decent pictures. Looking for feedback.

I got the TG-4 last year, and have been very happy with it.  Very small and light, and, as the name says, tough.  Great for underwater and for macro photography.  Official max depth is 50 feet, but I took it to 65 on a few dives (could not use the housing on that trip).

I just love being able to stick it in a pocket, and have it ready for anything, wet or dry.

A few examples.

0961PerinetCHameleonVakona062517sm-1024x

1396PhyllidiellaPustulosaSugarloaf063017

1529PseudocerasTristriatusAnkazo063017sm

0171_Ediomedea052317-1024x768.jpg

0056_Mitlan052117-768x1024.jpg

Awesome pics. I will definetley buy the tg-5. Do you know anything about using other lenses with it?

Thanks!

I have not used other lenses with it, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome pics. I will definetley buy the tg-5. Do you know anything about using other lenses with it?

I have the TG-4 also.  It's a compact with built-in zoom lenses, not interchangeable lenses. So, I don't know what you meant by "using other lenses...."

I have the TG-4 also. It's a compact with built-in zoom lenses, not interchangeable lenses. So, I don't know what you meant by "using other lenses...."

I believe from what I have read and videos I saw on YouTube, the TG-4 is capable of using different lenses as well. Olympus sells several that are made specifically for the TG cameras. But since asking you that question I have joined a TG owners group on Facebook and they have said you can buy other brands at a cheaper price.

https://youtu.be/BorOy6i9MOs

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I see. It shows how little I know about this camera.

However, the Olympus website warns that using tele and fish-eye converters with render the camera less “tough”???