LED for use with APEX

mling

My LED died and I am considering this Current USA for my 156G -> https://www.chewy.com/current-usa-orbit-marine-ic-led-reef/dp/151007

I don't like the built in timer that this light has because I have an APEX to control lighting.  The last LED I got for another tank had this build in timer and I could not use my APEX because there was no "always ON" option, you had to use the build in timer.

Does anyone have this Current USA light ?  Can I use it with my APEX ?

Thanks

Mike

I have a pair from current USA. They are from the orvit line 48 inch. They are over a 72g tank.

Anyway, the way I have mine setup, I use the Apex for always on, but tie them to the temp to shut off the outlet if it gets too hot in the tank. Otherwise I just use the built in programming. I have the Bluetooth module, which is light-years better than the remote with control box.

Recently I have been thinking of replacing mine and going to something else. Mainly, I'm not happy with the mounting brackets and how the fit on my tank. Had to modify the and just don't feel the are solid enough.

Thanks for the APLEX always suggestion.  However, I tend to be out of town alot. When there is a short power outage due to a surge, the APEX knows how to recover with the time still correct.  The lights with build it timers don't, the ON/OFF time is messed up until I get home.

I'll test the Bluetooth controller in the morning to see what the results are. In the past I recall cycleing the lights for testing and it worked as expected. Would be hard to believe it would not have a small battery to maintain time.

Okay, tried this one this morning and have been fighting with it all day.  

The "Loop" app will not connect back up to the controller via Bluetooth (android phone).  I have had this issue in the past and messing around with it long enough got it back to working state, but no luck this time.  I just ordered two AI Primes for the tank, done with this.  These Current LED will be benched to the QT tank setup.  

I cannot recommend the Current LEDs. It's a PITA to get working with an Android Phone, and their App is less than desirable.  Great when it works, but getting it to work is a feat in itself.  

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, those current lights suck. I have installed 2 of them on 2 tanks and theyre certainly not the most user friendly lights out there. Being sealed into epoxy also makes it impossible to fix an emitter or replace a part if they need to be fixed. They're designed to be thrown away and a new one bought if minor issues arise.

Buy a Kessil or Radeon.