Where to Buy premixed Saltwater and RO/DI Water?

khalid

Hi all,

I sold my place and just moved out but am not closing on the new place till the 30th so my family and I are staying at my parents place and I have moved my tank here too. Unfortunately I couldn't bring and setup my RO filter here so until I move to the new place I need to purchase premixed Saltwater and RO/DI Water for the tank. Since I have been mixing and filtering my own water for years I don't know who sells it around here. My parents place is in Falls Church but I don't have a problem driving further if needed. Let me know who sells premixed Saltwater and RO/DI Water please so I can go grab some.

Thanks,

Khalid

Centreville aquarium sells RODI and premix saltwater. Never bought from them, so can’t vouch for it’s quality.

If you can’t find anybody close, you can always buy distilled water from Walgreens off Arlington Blvd. and mix it yourself. It’s doable for small tank. For big ones, it can get expensive, but at least you don’t have to drive far.

Centreville aquarium sells RODI and premix saltwater. Never bought from them, so can’t vouch for it’s quality.

If you can’t find anybody close, you can always buy distilled water from Walgreens off Arlington Blvd. and mix it yourself. It’s doable for small tank. For big ones, it can get expensive, but at least you don’t have to drive far.

Thank you very much, I'll check them out :)

Thank you very much, I'll check them out :)

You’re quite welcome.

Wish I can help you out but I don’t live in the city of Fairfax any more. On top of that, the last time I checked my RODI had a tds of 9. And that was three months ago.....

I always have 50 gals of RODI and 25-30 gallons of saltwater on hand for my system..  In Leesburg, PM me if interested.. 

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. 

You’re quite welcome.

Wish I can help you out but I don’t live in the city of Fairfax any more. On top of that, the last time I checked my RODI had a tds of 9. And that was three months ago.....

No worries. Oh no it's time for that dreaded RODI filter change.  :cry: I always hate it because you have to take everything apart and I end up making a massive mess with the DI resin. :facepalm1:

Just be careful buying water from some of these stores. I have seen some stores sell ro water even though their filters haven't been changed in forever, who knows what the TDS would be.

Just be careful buying water from some of these stores. I have seen some stores sell ro water even though their filters haven't been changed in forever, who knows what the TDS would be.

Yes. It's always good to have a portable TDS mete on hand. ( I paid like 13 bucks for one on Amazon).

I'm out in Leesburg as well.  Slightly smaller at 30G RODI and can mix upto ~ 30 gallon Salt.  I can provide about 60 gallons total RODI, but would have to use my saltwater holding to do that. 

@dpassar12 - where you located?  I'm out in River Point (NE Leesburg).

Thanks all for the offers I really appreciate the kindness and willingness to help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/83784-rodi-alternatives/?hl=%2Brodi+%2Balternatives

:D

Reef Escape in Fairfax and Blue Ribbon Koi in Manassas both have water.  RE now has some sort of "you must only use the containers we like" policy. (which they conveniently sell, of course); in previous months it was RODI+Omega One.   BRK uses IORC. (PM me on prices, if you want).  

Unfortunately, Petco's water, the most convenient option, has gone up in price.  :(       

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/83784-rodi-alternatives/?hl=%2Brodi+%2Balternatives

:D

Reef Escape in Fairfax and Blue Ribbon Koi in Manassas both have water. RE now has some sort of "you must only use the containers we like" policy. (which they conveniently sell, of course); in previous months it was RODI+Omega One. BRK uses IORC. (PM me on prices, if you want).

Unfortunately, Petco's water, the most convenient option, has gone up in price. :(

Thanks appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk