Dutchman's Reef - closed?

bandr

I was looking for frozen fish food near Reston and Dutchman's Reef in Sterling came up on Google. It said it was open until 7 on Sundays.

I drove over and it was closed with no sign. Looking through the cracks in the door (limited viewing) it seems fairly bare. A half filled tank on the counter and a larger one that I could not tell if it had anything in it - no lights were on.

Is this still open? I could not find any recent references on forums.

Any recommendations for frozen fish food near Reston? I bought some from Petsmart but mostly they have food from China.

I think he is still open. I also tried to stop in during his open hours but was also closed. I even texted him, but no response. It's too bad, I liked his inventory in the past.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reef eScape and Centreville Aquarium aren’t too far from you. Reef eScape is really nice, but Centreville carries Larry’s fish food items.

Dutchman's reef has been temporarily closed the last few months. Supposed to be reopening soon. Better call/text before heading over.

They don't really carry dry goods/frozen food anyways. They specialize in rare fish that most other LFSes do not normally stock and most of the store is in the back, which you can't see from the front door.

Last time I was at reefescape (which admittedly was a while ago), the only frozen food they carried was Rod's food.

Blue Ribbon Koi and Centreville aquarium carry more of a variety of frozen food (LRS, PE mysis, etc.)