Arlington tank sitters

Clownfish4

Does anyone know if there are services in Arlington that will tank sit?  Even better, do any of you Arlington reefers have a tank sitting group?  If not, what better way to start one than with a beer and snack social, maybe some hockey, wink wink.  I'm happy to host and/or organize if anyone is interested.

I'm in Arlington, travel a lot, but might be able to help you.

Cheers. 

Thank you YHSublime.  I'll be out of town next week, probably the 2nd through the 7th (who has two thumbs and procrastinates, this guy) and live off N Stuart and Washington Blvd, about two blocks from the Ballston metro.  My tank is pretty simple, really just need someone to stop by once a day, time doesn't really matter, to feed some frozen food since my gobies and wrasse are picky little things.

Any chance you're avail for that period?  Also, what type of Jeep do you have?  I have an '08 Wrangler Sport in my garage.  Still waiting to get the top down.

Thank you YHSublime.  I'll be out of town next week, probably the 2nd through the 7th (who has two thumbs and procrastinates, this guy) and live off N Stuart and Washington Blvd, about two blocks from the Ballston metro.  My tank is pretty simple, really just need someone to stop by once a day, time doesn't really matter, to feed some frozen food since my gobies and wrasse are picky little things.

Any chance you're avail for that period?  Also, what type of Jeep do you have?  I have an '08 Wrangler Sport in my garage.  Still waiting to get the top down.

I'll PM you. Jeep was a 1999 TJ Wrangler, it was a beauty, but a road warrior. I'm in a Subaru Outback now, easier to cart 3 bulldogs around. 

Zygote2k, my fishes aren’t eating dry food, they’ll only eat frozen and I don’t know of any frozen auto feeders that aren’t DIY and overly complex.

Let me know if u need help dropping the top I have a 13 jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zygote2k, my fishes aren’t eating dry food, they’ll only eat frozen and I don’t know of any frozen auto feeders that aren’t DIY and overly complex.

You need to train them to eat pellets when you get back. crush some nls, omega one or the hikaru pellets, mix a little bit of that with your frozen food. Then increase the amount slowly. Omce they got used to the taste, start mixing whole pellets with your frozen food. If they still don't eat, let them starve for 2 days. After that, they will eat every single pellet you drop in the tank :D.

Linkfalcon - Thanks for the offer! The weather is the main deterrent right now, I generally won’t put the top down until it’s going to stay above 70. Last year I got rained on twice driving home from work due to unforecasted storms. It’s crazy when the wipers don’t do anything because the rain drops bounce off the dash onto the inside of the windshield.

Darkseeker - I just got the Neptune AFS and am working on getting my fishes onto the crossover pellets. My fish are bottom feeders so I’m playing around with ways to get the pellets to sink. I had to crush them for my wrasse since his mouth is so tiny. I have the VCA random flow generators that suck in water from the back of the nozzle, so I bought a feeding ring to go above it with the hopes that it will suck in the food and blow it to the bottom. I’m hopeful but not positive I can get it situated before I leave.

You could try this one: https://www.amazon.com/Hikari-Usa-AHK25312-Seaweed-3-52-Ounce/dp/B006JG2SFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524696360&sr=8-1&keywords=hikari+seaweed+pellets
That's a pretty fast sinking pellets, even my most finicky fishes love it. I'm training my emperor angel to eat pellets, he wouldn't touch the NLS or OmegaOne but he goes crazy for the Hikari :)

• 4 weeks later...