Anyone try vibrant

morgan175

Bubble algae is out of control It was in my overflows and now made it to the display. Been all over the boards and seems this stuff works but has some consequences. Rather hear local opinions on the matter. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of emeralds from reefcleaners.org worked great for me

I've tried it and it worked great on bubble algae.  Just be careful about overdosing I've heard of people experiencing cyano issues with it.

I used it early in my tank's life when I had impressive out-of-control long algae.  The combination of vibrant and manual removal seemed to work for me.  I didn't try it on bubble algae.  I also didn't have any coral in the tank at the time, so can't speak to the affect on coral.

I've used it for GHA and it worked well when combined with a strict routine maintenance regimen. I only have a nano size tank so I combined weekly water changes/sand vacuuming with vibrant and the GHA was cleared up in a few weeks. I did experience a significant cyano outbreak on my sand bed from all the GHA die off but 2-3 more weeks of vibrant and water changes/sand vacuuming took care of the cyano as well. 

I'm moving this out of the freecycle section....

I've had bubble algae in my tank since I first started almost 10 years ago because I started off with Florida aquacultured rock that was covered in all kinds of stuff. I've only had it reach a point were I was very concerned once and while emerald crabs helped, keeping my nutrients low was the true solution. I still find the occasional bubble algae here and there but it's like any other algae, it needs nutrients to grow. You'll never truly get rid of it but you can keep it under control, IMO.

I'm 6 weeks in on Vibrance and I am a believer. Knocked out all the hair algae after 3 weeks and the bubble algae has really receded compared to what I had before. I was also warned of overdosing so I am pretty conservative on the dosage.