Furan 2 bath; how much?

Still_human

Why is it impossible to just get directions for a furan 2 bath? It neglects the info on the box, and only 1 place mentions a furan bath, at least without like 2 or 3 other things added too, but on the forum where it was brought up, no one answered the guys question, they just started talking about other crap! Lol the world is against me today! Or maybe against my poor fish:(

I'd imagine a bath(not dip)would be 2x the aquarium dose, but I'm not gonna just risk it. Does anyone know what to dose it? It's a 5gal bucket, and the stuff is 1 packet for 10gals.

Edited by Still_human

What are you trying to treat? If you think it's bacterial, most of the time people combine furan-2 with other antibiotics (like kanaplex or metroplex) in order to get at the widest spectrum of bacteria.

But to answer your question about furan-2 dosing, if 1 packet is for 10 gallons, then for 5 gallons, use 1/2 packet. API's instructions for the bulk furan-2 seems to imply that 1 packet is 1/2 teaspoon (since they say to dose 1 teaspoon for 20 gallons). You can easily confirm this when emptying out the contents of the packet. So for 5 gallons, maybe 1/4 teaspoon? https://www.apifishcare.com/product.php?p=details&id=634

Here's some good reading about antibiotics:

The only deviation from the instructions on the label is to treat for 10 consecutive days.
Edited by cpu933k