HELP!!!Goldflake angelfish problem in its back/spine!!!!

Still_human

(edited)

I just noticed this a few days ago-it definitely wasn't there before that! It's a dark line that appears to be a section of his backbone! He acts 100% perfectly, and it's totally internal, there's no bump, or other external signs. You can still see it a little bit from the outside in these pictures, but normally you can only see it when the light is shining through him. I've never seen this before and it's really scaring me. Has anyone seen this, or anything similar to this at all before, in any kind of fish, fresh or salt? Does anyone have any educated ideas about it?

This annoying thing won't let me upload pics, even though they definitely fit-they're exactly the same

As every other thing I've uploaded on here! I'll try uploading them on a reply here

Edited by Still_human

Ok, yeah, picture upload is broken atm, so ill just have to try again later, or can send pictures directly to you, but I'll keep attempting to upload them on here:(

Ah-HAH! Once I switched to the full version I got the photos to upload!!!

post-2636402-0-89416600-1520405837_thumb.png

post-2636402-0-67986800-1520405852_thumb.jpg

post-2636402-0-27994300-1520405883_thumb.jpg

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I think you're looking at the fish's "lateral line".  It's normal to be able to see the lateral line.

You can look online for pictures of what the fish normally looks like, and compare to what you're seeing in your tank.

Ah-HAH! Once I switched to the full version I got the photos to upload!!!

Heads up: If you keep attaching photos to your post, you'll very, very rapidly run out of storage space in your account. It's an old thread (I need to update it and will do so after the site software upgrade), but this is worth reading:

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/51621-how-to-set-up-a-wamas-gallery-post-a-picture-embed-a-video/

The bottom line is: Set up a WAMAS gallery or use a third-party-hosting service (but not Photobucket!) and embed links to your images. You can also use tapatalk. 

It's just above the lateral, it's the short dark front inch of its spine. This new pic might help-the black dashes are the lateral, so it's easier to see. I circled the issue in blue. The very 1st picture I on the thread has the color tweaked to make it stand out more. You can see it in all the pictures, but the rest are about how it looks in person.

***Yeah, you guys have indeed convinced me to join, but I'm real strapped for money at the moment. It isn't a huge amount, but I just shelled out many many hundreds yesterday for a bandit, and tomorrow another $60some for various meds&stuff I didn't realize I was out/so low on. Not to mention another pinecone and flashlight fish I'm waiting on, both of which are "anytime", so I'll get to it soon, but it's just not the most immediate of concerns Im dealing with atm:/

(Hmmm...has anyone ever noticed what a contradiction "not to mention" is?)

Possibly blood infection.  I know we had a speaker at an event in the past that went over how to treat that with angels.  Maybe someone can chime in with more details since I can't remember last week and this was years ago.  

Possibly blood infection.  I know we had a speaker at an event in the past that went over how to treat that with angels.  Maybe someone can chime in with more details since I can't remember last week and this was years ago.  

I'm guessing that the speaker was Christine Williams (Winter 2013) as she talked to us about marine fish disease. 

I would guess it wasn't blood or a bruise, as it LOOKED like the spine itself, and not surrounding tissue. Very sadly though, it's a moot point now :'(

Looks like a bruise. Any updates?

Yes....i never found out, but it's not an issue anymore:'(

Yes....i never found out, but it's not an issue anymore:'(

It would have been helpful to know for future reference.

• 3 weeks later...

It would have been helpful to know for future reference.

That's very true. I'll keep looking around and if/when I find out anything about it, I'll post it up right here.