Heavy winds coming tonight

AlanM

Power is back. Bubble tips are pissed and moving. Was out since 2:30 on Friday. Got down to below 70° but exact # unknown. Tank smells like stressed corals. Have a 3 gal empty tank that only had 3 ricordea and let me tell you i did nothing for it and it got to at least room temp which was 57°... they’re alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 hours out, power is now back! Tank looks OK, but will assess in the morning. Tomorrow is 50% water change. Dropped to 64F at lowest, but who knows how calibrated my thermometer was.

So we never lost power however they flickered a few times. This morning I was feeding the fish and I’m like man the waters cold today. I check the RKL and it’s 71 in the tank. The PC-4 that is running the heaters tripped. Everything else was fine but the heat was off. Turned it back on and the heaters came back to life. I was feeling lucky since if the clouds turn dark, my transformer near my house usually blows up and I have to get my generator up and running. This will teach me to check things even if power isn’t lost.

Lost power for two days.  I bought a generator two years ago just for this reasoning.  Never had to use it until Friday.  I'm sooo glad I had it.  Fish never knew anything was wrong.  Everything on tank was powered by generator along with internet, computers and whole downstairs appliances.  Never a problem.  Generator handled like a pro and only went through 10 gallons of gas.  Best money I ever spent to protect my investment.

Lost a few pieces of SPS, unless they make a comeback, but doubt it. Fish all are kicking, zoanthids and euphillya are pissed, but will survive, I believe. Did a 10 gallon water change and set the skimmer dry, house sitter has food portioned, so less involved I am probably the better it’ll do. I had the nems move JUST a bit, here’s a rock nem I’ve been wanting to get out into view vs the back of the tank:

177dc3355cfc5df0d0dda60e7aaa4893.jpg