Cracked glass

aquamom

I was just looking for some thoughts about the integrity of the glass with a chip on the edge closer to the bottom of a 120 gallon tank. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

565de5d1817bd40739559ad0a8591206.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I would not risk it. About 15 years ago I had a 150 with a chip very similar to the size and location of your tank. The tank was manufactured by Glass Cages. At the time, it was only stocked with fish and the amount of time and $ I invested was minimum. I moved the tank above 3 times to different residences and it never had any problems.

However, today, with the amount of time and $ invested in the hobby, I think you will sleep better getting a new DT. Just my .02. Good luck with any decision you make.

Personally, I would not risk it. About 15 years ago I had a 150 with a chip very similar to the size and location of your tank. The tank was manufactured by Glass Cages. At the time, it was only stocked with fish and the amount of time and $ I invested was minimum. I moved the tank above 3 times to different residences and it never had any problems.

However, today, with the amount of time and $ invested in the hobby, I think you will sleep better getting a new DT. Just my .02. Good luck with any decision you make.

I think that is probably very sound advice. The thought of that much water on my floor is a big deterrent to being cheap!

Thanks!

Honestly, it looks cosmetic with very little implication to the structural integrity of the panel or the joint. However, your finger is covering up what looks like a sliver of a chip near the joint. Still, it's looks very shallow and insignificant. Just my two cents.

Honestly, it looks cosmetic with very little implication to the structural integrity of the panel or the joint. However, your finger is covering up what looks like a sliver of a chip near the joint. Still, it's looks very shallow and insignificant. Just my two cents.

Ok, that’s a picture someone had sent of a tank I was thinking of buying. It’s a pretty far drive so I hadn’t seen it yet. I wanted to see if it was worth the drive.

Thanks!

Can you get a picture of the other panel? It could just be that edge busted up.

I’ll see if he can send another pic. Thanks!

as long as the seal is intact and unexposed, it'll most likely be fine.

Ok, thanks for your input.