First Aquascape- With Pics- Need Feedback

finaddict

I am happy with some aspects of this and not happy with others... Please chip in your feedback on what works and what doesnt in this scape....

Front view

Front View

Right Side View

Right View

Left side view

Left View

Assuming the tape is the tank boundaries, keep in mind that the arches that you've created will have little light below them so you'll limit what can grow in those areas. Also keep in mind that you're quite close to the top of the tank with the rock work so you have less room for corals (if you're planning on keeping them) to grow. I'd be inclined to lower everything by about six inches so the area can fill in with corals (again, only applies if you're going to keep them) and remove the arches completely or narrow them substantially so more light could get around them. Ultimately, if you like it, stick with it. 

I think this is great because this aquascape has a lot of room for fish to swim and some flat areas for coral placement. This aquascape also has a ton of caves and overhang and room for water flow in the back of the rockwork.

As for the aesthetic of the aquascape, I'm sure everyone has a different opinion based on their current&past tanks and what they like and don't like. I see some with a lot of rock that looks cool and also the trendy minimal approach that also looks amazing. Yours is the mix of both so its great.

Just an idea, maybe you can flip the 2 main structure in the middle and the right so from left to right you got the tall standing tower, the overhang and then the island which connect to the overhang via the bridge. I think that will give you a visual flow from high to low. That way your aquascape got some movement and direction where it leads your eyes from left to right. 

Edited by bk_market

I think the aquascape looks great. I do notice the rock seems to be very close to the glass. So it’s hard for me to tell if this is for a small tank or the rock is very large. But in my opinion if you want a little more depth I would recommend working with smaller rock. Even break the current ones to something smaller. But either way good start!

I always say as long as you like it, there is always a way to place corals to make any aquascape look incredible!

Thanks for the feedback... great points to consider.  

FYI, I taped off the tank dimensions minus two inches on each side for cleaning.  I can scape right up to the blue tape and be fine.  The tank is 20 inches tall and the vertical tape on the back is at 19.5 inches. I think I am probably at least 4-5 inches below that for the peak on the left. I plan on keeping a ton of corals hopefully!  I have corals now that will transfer over (some that like light like birdsnest and Montipora) and also plan on increasing my fish count to a good amount. I have a large Vertex 180i skimmer for 100 gallon total water.  The tank is a typical 75g.

I went with an arch with mine and it really takes up a lot of light. Ended up changing it later to have various terraces for different levels of light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I originally started with arches, which was great for a short time.  I eventually started populating with corals and found that I needed different levels of rock, terraced, to show off corals and provide ample light for growth.  I spent a good deal of time rearranging landscape to support my coral addiction (Haahaa).   Rearranging landscape in an operational system can be difficult at times and can lead to a small cycle.   

I originally started with arches, which was great for a short time. I eventually started populating with corals and found that I needed different levels of rock, terraced, to show off corals and provide ample light for growth. I spent a good deal of time rearranging landscape to support my coral addiction (Haahaa). Rearranging landscape in an operational system can be difficult at times and can lead to a small cycle.

My same experience but written way better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk