Jos Roozen Passed Away

I remember shopping at his place 20 or 25+ years ago when I was just a hobbyist. I stumbled upon the announcement on Facebook that Jos had passed away a couple days ago. I didn't know him personally, but talked to him many times and could buy just about any fish I wanted at his place, back in the day. When I became a vendor 20 years ago it was common in the early years that suppliers asked me if I knew him because they sold so much to him. Over the years on this forum folks either loved his place or hated it, but it was a major vendor in the area for many years.

FB_IMG_1518279233897_zps6k8ku6s4.jpg

Jon and I are sincerely sorry to read of Jos' passing.  We would take field trips to Roozens when we were setting up the 125 in Fredericksburg and a couple of times a year afterwards.  Jos was often the one to wait on us.  Very knowledgeable, very kind.  

Prayers for the family.

Maureen

I grew up 15 minutes away from there place. sorry to hear. paid them $1,000's over the years.I still have my 30 year old clown fish from them. I bought it when I was 18 yers old. Sad to Her. A couple year sback they stopped selling  salt water fish stuff.

curti

Jos' always had the coolest things, things I thought would never sell or that there was no market for! He took the time to guide me through this rewarding hobby. If you could get him to talk he had stories to share and a lifetime of knowledge in and out of that old green house. Honestly the only store I would ever buy from that had ZERO prices on ANYTHING and go off his word of its value, name , and care.

Jos' will be missed!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...