Zoanthid Grow Contest Competition Thread

dpassar12

Feb update, I am going to clip the shaft of the plug and glue the disk to a grow out plate. I'll attach an example. My guy is growing very fast and I don't want any polyps to attach to my frag rack. I have 6-7 polyps that I can see.. 

ex of grow out plate.

my polyp

Wow!!!! Are you dosing steroids!!! LOL!!!! Still on one polyp here.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

darn Daniel 57ec0e6f113afd77b1f42464a181c908.jpg

I will get a pic of my 1 polyp when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by smh254

No clue why they are growing so fast. It's still in the original spot when I had them all in the tank. For some reason my Z's are growing very fast lately. There are red hornets next to this plug that have doubled in 3 weeks, they are usually slow growers. I know at least one other person has multiple heads. I don't feed zoas and there are only 3 fish in that 8 ft frag tank.. I also don't use any supplements.  

Here is my little guy. Like most, my guy has been closed up for a while and just opened up in the past few days. Not sure if that was attributed to being next the acan echinata.

39679824074_fa333e7b79_z.jpgPurple Sakura by Juan, on Flickr

I've got one baby so far. Has been happy and open since I brought it home. Baby was pretty fast. But no new growth since.6ea67fd4b4ef44bbac3e073827749652.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

No change with mine. It's been closed up for a little bit over a week. Still just one polyp but there looks to be a baby emerging.

I'm still at 3 heads29ac9fbb9a5f1a1a6540c910c433d53e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I going to move it to my other tank even if it disqualifies me. I had much better results on the last challenge in my other tank. At this point I just want it to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a participant -I couldn't make the meeting where we got these, and besides I thought at the time I wasn't ready for more livestock.   

That being said, I do want to brag a bit.    :cool:  Had two green implosion Palys about the time this started; got them from around Thanksgiving.  They grew a bit since then, but things have been insane lately.   The biggest Paly grew much taller (maybe doubled in height, stem maybe from .5 inches to 1.5 inches now, and the disc expanded maybe 60% in your contest period.  The smallest also grew a lot.  But I'm happiest about is that there was one, and in the past few days, I noticed a second new paly.   :bounce:

post-2636253-0-56581900-1522292120_thumb.jpeg

Sorry for the thread hijack.   Dan, congrats on such great growth!  And thanks for everyone for sharing their experience.  

Edited by KingOfAll_Tyrants

• 4 weeks later...