Cedar Lane Elementary 60 Gallon, back in Ashburn.

dbartco

The tank at Cedar Lane Elementary is back! The tank spent a number of years at Cedar Lane in Ashburn, then was moved to Emerick Elementary in Purcellville, and is now back in the Cedar Lane Library. It was requested back by the Principal, especially for the autism and special needs students that LOVE spending time in front of it. And, after many years of persuasion, my wife has agreed to take on some of the maintenance and care (She is much more meticulous than I, so this should be a good thing!). Maybe some reefkeeping after some 20 years has rubbed off!

Tank is a ~60 gallon 36x18x20.  Lighting is 4x24W T5, ~15 gallon sump, Mag 5 return on a (broken) sea swirl. There is not currently a skimmer on the system, but trying to wrangle a small footprint cone skimmer for it. I had not run skimmers on it in the past, but the wife will know how to deal with it should a problem arise.  There is a hang on filter that us mostly used for carbon clearing of organics from the water. have another Maxijet propeller on there for circulation. EboJager heater.

Current stock list: tiny sailfin tang, matted file fish, coral beauty, serpent star, pencil urchin

Corals : purple mushrooms, gorgonian, looking for softies

Possibly coming soon: Nemo's - (there just has to be!), maybe a royal gramma or something, 

Hate begging, but always looking for donations...   :tongue:

20180124 093238

There is a growing brochure book on the front of the tank with laminated color pictures of inhabitants, fish specs, care requirements, and map of region, 

Rocks are not aquascaped as well as we originally placed because of an evil damsel I put in there that needed to be fished out

We're looking forward to Q&A on this forum!

I can donate some Xenia, pink birds nest, green birdsnest. Only thing is the tanks in gainesville va.

Let me know if ur interested in some

Added a few more inhabitants today. 2 clowns. six line, and blood red shrimp.  I need to fix the login so the school can begin posting these themselves and as questions.  

gallery_335_51_93187.jpg

gallery_335_51_70385.jpg

Eric, I will hit you up at some point when down that way. If ever up towards P-ville, let me know. Thank you very much for the offer!

• 1 month later...

Doug,

I can donate GSP, Tyree Flower petal, Xenia, Kenya tree, Hollywood Stunner, dragon eye Zoas, montipora Undata, candy canes, blue poci. Let me know what you think will work and I can bring to the spring meeting. Or if you are in Tysons stop on by.