Acid trip not growing.

jbarre03

Does anyone else have an issue with getting their acid trip Millie to grow? Everything else grows well in my tank but the acid trip hasn’t grown at all for 6 months.

Here is mine when I got it 7 months ago.11ecd50b089596b3050db8de2263193e.jpg it look ed bad for a bit.9caddfa3e398f7091983e38d8d842085.jpg

here it is today top middle right650aa8b99ee9f90b2fce2563c9fea172.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by smh254

All test are in check and no pest. Everything else I have is growing very well for some reason that’s the only one that won’t grow for me. It has great color but barely any growth.

Is it encrusting? Milleporas especially seem to go through growth spurts. Sometimes they barely grow and then other times have explosive growth. If it is encrusting but not branching and has good color I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes changing/increasing flow can help encourage growth.

I have a lavender mille you would have thought it was a monti the way it was growing for about a year. It is about 6 inches round encrusting on a rock. I moved a power head to give it more flow and i have an explosion of growth. 5 branch heads have sprouted each about half an inch right now. So excited to finally get some branches on this.

It takes millipora awhile to get going so hopefully that is the problem. However, they are a more sensitive SPS coral. I couldn’t grow them for a couple years. For whatever reason they decided they like my tank now

That’s why I’m stumped. All of my other Millie’s are growing very well. This one is just being an ahole. I thought about moving to a different spot just to change it up

I got one two meetings ago, and it is beautiful, but seems to be very slow getting started.  It is encrusting, though, so I expect it to get going soon.  Maybe they're just slow.  Seems like the prettiest ones often are.

I got one two meetings ago, and it is beautiful, but seems to be very slow getting started.  It is encrusting, though, so I expect it to get going soon.  Maybe they're just slow.  Seems like the prettiest ones often are.

Yes I agree. All of my high end ones that I could profit from are slow growers lol. I did move it last night and it had better polyp extension this morning, so hopefully that does the trick.